About the Job
To hold accountability for the Club's overall IT security strategy and operations, ensuring compliance, best practice and future-proofing.
- Creating and implementing a strategy for the deployment of information security technologies.
- Performing IT security risk assessments and reporting on ways to minimise threats.
- Monitoring security vulnerabilities and hacking threats in network and host systems.
- Tracking latest IT security innovations and keeping abreast of latest cyber security technologies.
- Communicating with key stakeholders about IT security threats.
- Implementing an effective process for the reporting of security incidents.
- Overseeing the investigation of reported security breaches.
- Developing strategies to handle security incidents and trigger investigations.
- Complying with the latest regulations and compliance requirements.
- Championing and educating the organisation about the latest security strategies and technologies.
- Managing the daily operation and implementation of the IT security strategy.
- Conducting a continuous assessment of current IT security practices and systems and identifying areas for improvement.
- Delivering new security technology approaches and implementing next generation solutions.
- Driving change projects and building new IT capabilities.
- Developing and implementing business continuity plans to ensure service is continuous when a change programme is introduced, or a security breach occurs or in the event that the disaster recovery plan needs to be triggered.
- Protecting the intellectual property of the organisation at all times.
- Managing the IT security budget.
- Thinks ahead, generates innovative ideas
- Values & respects others, builds relationships, collaborates
- Gets things done, delivers to highest of standards, takes responsibility
- Able to identify technology trends that may support or impede the success of the business
- Strong influencing and stakeholder management skills
- Finds pragmatic and creative solutions to operational issues
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- A Bachelor's degree is a minimum in computer science degree or a qualification in a related subject. A Master's degree in business administration is highly desirable
- At least 5 years' experience in a similar role
- Digital leadership skills - capable of empowering and leading an IT team to meet business and IT security goals
- Solid people management skills - providing direction, monitoring performance, motivating staff and building a positive working environment
- Ability to adapt to a fast-moving IT landscape and keep pace with latest thinking and new security technologies
- Comprehensive knowledge of LAN and WAN design and administration
- A passion for technology and security safeguarding with a desire to deliver
- Thrives on change, showing an impressive ability to drive the IT security strategy forward
- Analytical mind capable of managing numerous information sources and providing data analysis reports to senior management
- Strong customer focus - able to meet the demands of internal and external customers
- Excellent communication skills - providing verbal and written communication that is outstanding to both direct reports and senior management as well as other stakeholders
- Flexible and adaptable - capable of changing direction where required and showing flexibility to meet new demands
- Forms business partnerships that help drive the IT security strategy forward
- Can make decisions that are well informed and timely
- Creative thinking - able to look at alternatives and consider new ways of thinking to problem solve
- Ability to provide clear advice and direction even when faced with competing demands and short deadlines.
- A proven record of dealing with complex projects and meeting conflicting demands.
- Change management and business process experience is ideal together with a proven track record of driving large-scale change programmes.
We look foward to your applications!