About the Job
We are currently recruiting for a highly motivated, collaborative Software Development Manager. This role will offer you the opportunity to take accountability for the development, delivery and management of your in-house IT, software systems, digital and e-commerce platforms.
We're looking for someone to grow our new in-house team, manage that team and deliver agile projects to enable our constantly evolving business needs. You will need to manage external resources as well as being able to get hands-on in development and testing when required. We are looking for someone who is highly organised, intelligent, passionate about their craft and who has extensive knowledge of a variety of approaches, platforms and systems.
The job responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Working closely with the business leaders to understand the business goals and deliver improvement and solutions to meet those goals each year
- Create and run a combined delivery roadmap on multiple platforms balancing business priorities and technical considerations
- Work with third party development companies as a project manager to ensure timely project delivery
- Lead and manage the newly formed in-house IT team
- Manage and sign-off the testing of the software project deliverables to ensure they meet requirements
- Facilitate training on the developments and project implemented to in house staff
- Take on existing projects in house and take them to completion
- Be the lead on future development projects across various platforms
- Ensure adoption of common technology and technical best practices
- Working on Apps to be linked to our current platforms (Shopify, FourFront, Zendesk and Sage)
The ideal candidate will have:
- Software Engineering experience
- Project management experience
- 5 years coding experience
- Programming experience
- Degree in computer science
- Strong leadership skills
- Solid technical background, with understanding and hands-on experience in digital and software development, and e-commerce technologies
- Full time role: 9am - 5pm Monday to Friday
- Office is conveniently located just 3 minutes' walk from Beddington Lane Tram stop, which is connected to East Croydon and Wimbledon - both 20 minutes away.
- Salary disclosed on application
- Position is available immediately.