Software Engineer - Java 8Up to £90,000 per year
You will be assisting with the development of the software systems that make-up the nervous system of one of the largest retailers in the world. These large scale, distributed systems handle everything from user requests to payment processing.
This means an opportunity to work on virtually any type of computer science and software engineering problem, particularly in the areas of large scale distributed systems, user interfaces and big data.
Key responsibilities include:
- Development of distributed backend system to meet the challenging functional, scalability and reliability requirements for a fast paced business
- Execute full software development lifecycle.
- Work in a team with highly talented software engineers.
- Write clean, reusable, testable, and maintainable code
- Grow into a subject matter expert
- Continuously strive for higher quality and productivity
The ideal candidate will have a passionate commitment to improving the lives of people, an insane focus on excellence and customer service, and a strong alignment with our core values: being bold, focused, agile and collaborative.
- Experience in object-oriented design, data-structures and algorithms.
- Proficiency in Java (Java 8) and server-side technologies (must love coding!)
- Fluency with software engineering tools.
- AWS Cloud knowledge
- CI/CD experience
- Ability to: effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions; deal with loosely defined problems and fast changing requirements & think abstractly
- Passionate about learning new technologies and working on a product of massive scale and impact