About the Job
Right Time have been engaged to work exclusively on this high profile Technical Lead role for a leading and highly prestigious Media Business in the heart of London.
This role will see you work closely with c-suite stakeholders across the business and business partner with several project teams internally and externally. As such, this is an optimum time to join this rapidly growing and diverse business which in return will offer you a solid foundation to further your career in the Software Development space.
Leading a wide variety of teams to success whilst still being hands on where required you will be a real self starter who can genuinly lead from the front and challenge the status quo.
The business is undergoing a massive tech-fuelled transformation in digital spearheaded and initiated by a leading Cheif Digital Officer. This transformation will touch every area of the business, pushing innovation. By striving to "being Agile" rather than "doing Agile" the business is creating a culture of continuous delivery, learning and improvement that helps them evolve in a constantly changing digital landscape.
With state-of-the-art offices in the heart of Central London our client is able to offer teams an environment that fosters great collaboration and team building to drive innovation.
- Be a key member of the product team accountable for technical aspects of a service/product delivery.
- Ensure products are built using modern methods and are scalable and of high quality.
- Lead or consult the development team to plan, brainstorm, design, and build solutions working closely with solution architects.
- Collaborate with your peers to define and drive good engineer practices for delivery and development. Share and enhance these within your team and 3rd party partners/teams you are working with.
- Challenge yourself and the team through collaboration, discussion, mentoring and support, maximising both you and your team's potential.
- Regular review processes, algorithms and design of internal and 3rd party developers through shadowing and code reviews.
- Undertake hands-on engineering tasks to deliver solutions while balancing any other leadership and management responsibilities
- Work closely with BAs/QAs in a "three amigos" session developing user stories and acceptance criteria
- Pro-actively improve delivery by automating repetitive tasks and working closely with QA to ensure we have the correct level of automation testing
- Front-end: HTML5, React.js, Sass, Material UI
- Microservices: Spring Boot, DropWizard
- Data: Scala, Python, R
- Application: Akka, Jetty, Nginx
- Analytics: Spark, DataBricks, Azure HDInsight
- Data: MongoDB, MongoDB Atlas, Amazon S3, DynamoDB, DynamoDB Titan
- Messaging: RabbitMQ
- Identity: Auth0
- Hosting/processing: AWS (EC2, VPC, S3, ECS, Dynamo, CloudFront, WAF, ALB, API Gateway, Lambda, CloudTrail, Route53, Kinesis), Azure (AD, VM, ACS);
- Build: GitHub, TravisCI, Jenkins, Gradle, Swagger, Grunt, Babel, Bower, Terraform
- QA: Chai, Enzyme, Mocha, gherkin, cucumber
- You have proven experience as a technical leader for a team
- You have extensive experience working hands-on as a Software Engineer in an Agile
- You have experience in mentoring and supporting peers and engineering teams.
- You have a deep understanding of system design, data structures, and algorithms and understand how to apply them
- You are experienced in building or transforming an engineering practice
- You care about quality, and you know what it means to ship high-quality code.
- You have experience in identifying, debugging and resolving complex production issues